Thursday, April 15, 2010

Okay I’m officially confused

In the Florida legislature we have had the very Republican Senator John Thrasher sponsored a bill that would effectively move the control of schools from the local level to Tallahassee. Today Governor Crist vetoed the bill and I’m sure he will be criticized by Republicans for this but it seems to me that Crist was holding to conservative thoughts by reducing the size of government and maintaining local control over the school districts.
Then tonight I was listening to the news and President Obama was announcing his plans for NASA. It sounded like he is proposing to reduce the size of NASA and encouraging private industry to take up the mantel of space exploration. Humm reduce government encourage private industry.
I can’t tell if they are following focus groups or their beliefs.  But I'm leaning toward politicians not having an idea what they are doing.


No comments:

Followers

Listen to my blog

My Esty