Sunday, September 14, 2008

Quilt Continued

I have got pretty far on the quilt for the Harvest Festival this weekend. I have to stop now because I'm about 8 inches short on the border. Humm, I suppose in the future I should always get a little extra fabric. So tomorrow I'll finish the border and then work on pinning the batting and backing down. I think that I can quilt it with the machine we have at home. I did a little test today and made a little quilted potholder and the plain foot on the sewing machine worked fine, although I may have to put extra pins in to hold the layers steady.
Oh I'm feeling a little too domestic so I think its time for a beer and some football!
 

4 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

You have become quite the quilting machine. This one looks so intricate, I think it would take me "over the edge."

Chan Bliss said...

I went over the edge a long time ago. This quilt is the same design as the other, the fabric has a bolder pattern in it and more contrast. It took me about 6 hrs of work over the weekend to get this far. Then I ran out of fabric for the border. I went by WalMart today and the extra fabric is in the wash now. I should finish the top tonight. Then quilting tomorrow if our faculty meeting is not too long.

Anonymous said...

Looks good...hmmm...fall festival is coming up...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so impressed!! This quilt is beautiful!! When is the fall festival??

Followers

Listen to my blog

My Esty